Music Grade: 4
Performance Time: 5:10
|Drill||Included Drill Sizes|
Classification: Sch Reg A/Sch A
Drill Designer: Jeff Fackler
Total Drill Sets: 30
ABOUT THE SHOW
Movement 1, "Prelude" is from the original's "Prelude to Act I," setting up the mood of the townspeople milling around the square in Seville. With Spanish exoticism permeating the atmosphere, Carmen is introduced and begins to exhibit the flair that makes her so appealing to men.
Movement 2, "Intermezzo" is from the original's "Prelude to Act III," the music more sinister and dark, allowing the percussion to explore the more ominous sound effects available.
In Movement 3, "March of the Toreadors/Allegro Moderato," perhaps the most famed of the melodies, euphoric and vivacious, comes to the fore as the bullfighter in the storyline is celebrated. While you certainly don't have to take a literal approach to this show, this would be a great spot to do some work with a bullfighter's cape.
Movement 4, "Finale" is from the end of the opera, where a jilted lover kills Carmen and the famed bells theme peals out, mourning the loss of the title character.
What's Included in the Price?
- Wind/Percussion Score and Parts
- Hard-copy format only
- Digital Drill Design Package
- Convenient download format
- All adaptable drill sizes included
- PDF portfolio containing drill charts
- Pyware files for editing (Pyware 9 or higher required)
- Quicktime Drill Animation
- Contest Protection*
- Drill will be contest protected, on a first come-first serve basis, for each contest performance location you will be attending during the current marching season. This policy will protect each band purchasing drill with exclusivity, based on their performance schedule, providing a one-of-a-kind show at each contest location regardless of state lines. Participation in WGI Championships requires an additional license rental fee of $500 on all non-Row Loff shows).
*Row-Loff Productions shows carry only 100-mile radius exclusivity on DRILL ONLY and standard features may differ from others. Price includes license rental for one competitive season only.