Music Grade: 4
Performance Time: 6:07
|Included Drill Sizes
Classification: Sch Reg A/Sch A
Drill Designer: Barry Canan
Total Drill Sets: 48
ABOUT THE SHOW
Describing the inner mechanisms of clocks, Clockworks is an exciting show in a basic fast-slow-fast format, each movement exploring the mechanizations of time and timepieces.
Throughout the show, one hears the various components that make up clocks; springs springing, bells bonging, gears grinding and pendulums ticking. Most of these clock sounds are of the mechanical variety. Some sounds are toy-like, as toys often run on mechanical motors. Other toy-like sounds are heard in music box effects, the mechanism of these devices also being run like clocks.
But clocks and related timing devices are also used to set off explosives and other devices. The anticipation leading up to the culmination of the brash and/or powerful effects of these devices going off creates moments where one knows something is going to happen, but one is never prepared for the big "pow" effect that releases the pent-up energy.
Visual possibilities include references to clock gears as well as large drawings of early computers, such as Babbage's early counting machine. You can have hands of a clock slowly spin around the clock, perhaps even using the drummers as the hands. Given a little "time," you'll think of lots of possibilities.
What's Included in the Price?
- Wind/Percussion Score and Parts
- Hard-copy format only
- Digital Drill Design Package
- Convenient download format
- All adaptable drill sizes included
- PDF portfolio containing drill charts
- Pyware files for editing (Pyware 9 or higher required)
- Quicktime Drill Animation
- Contest Protection*
- Drill will be contest protected, on a first come-first serve basis, for each contest performance location you will be attending during the current marching season. This policy will protect each band purchasing drill with exclusivity, based on their performance schedule, providing a one-of-a-kind show at each contest location regardless of state lines. Participation in WGI Championships requires an additional license rental fee of $500 on all non-Row Loff shows).
*Row-Loff Productions shows carry only 100-mile radius exclusivity on DRILL ONLY and standard features may differ from others. Price includes license rental for one competitive season only.